Here is an excerpt from a brief article written by the very well-known Dr. Andrew Weil on the benefits of acupuncture for many different health conditions.
Acupuncture is not just about needles, but is a comprehensive traditional therapy focused on correcting imbalances of energy flow throughout the body. It can be employed effectively for a wide variety of conditions:
* Emotional disorders such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder
* Digestive complaints, including nausea, vomiting, and irritable bowel syndrome
* Pain syndromes due to an injury or associated with chronic degenerative diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis
* Neurological problems like migraines or Parkinson's disease
* Respiratory conditions, including sinusitis and asthma
* Gynecologic disorders and infertility (it has demonstrated clinical success when used in conjunction with in-vitro fertilization)
* Fatigue or low energy
* Chronic lower back pain
It can also be used as a rehabilitation strategy for individuals who suffered a stroke, can help control chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, and can help promote overall wellbeing.
Byron Russell, LAc